A survey is a tool to gather information – ideally depending on your goals, to find facts about your clients, product or your market. This is why it is so important to use the opportunity wisely and be able to have actionable items from the resulting analytics. Some basic survey design elements to keep in mind:
– keep the number of questions to a minimum as time is precious
– list the most important topics first
– what is the objective of the study
– is it easy enough for the respondent to provide information
– determine the type of question that is best suited to answer; open text, multiple choice, rank order, etc
It is good to get the basics down pat to obtain the results you seek, unless it may well be a good idea to hire an experienced survey practitioner.
Read the source article at Business 2 Community